Wednesday, November 13, 2013

5 Man Acoustical Pop-Tart Jam

This is a rule that has been in effect for my mischievous children for  some time.  It started with the boy when he was about 3-years old and the baby is now carrying the torch into a new era of mischievousness.


Rule #33:  Daddy's acoustic guitar is not a toybox


Just because it's been sitting in the corner of Mommy and Daddy's bedroom for 6+ years, that doesn't mean I'll never play it again.  I would like to keep it nice.

Even though I haven't had to play Wonderwall by Oasis to impress a girl since 1998, doesn't mean I don't want to learn new songs.  This will be hard to do with your My Little Pony brush stuck between the strings.

Also, your My Little Pony brush is not a guitar pick.

Other things that are not guitar picks:  Mickey Mouse flashcards, paper clips, Dora the Explorer bingo tokens, and your fat baby fingers.


My acoustic guitar is also not a toy box.  I'd thank you kindly to please keep your Cinderella dress-up jewelry, dice, and other small, choke-able toys out of it.  And while we're on the subject, keep those same things out of your mouth.

  Not sure why you felt the need to put a dishcloth in there either.

The acoustic guitar, much like our vacuum cleaner, is not a piggy bank.  Keep your money the money you stole out of Mommy's coin purse in Mommy's coin purse.  Also, stop stealing money.

When I said I wanted to learn how to play Brown Sugar I was referring to the Rolling Stones song, not your breakfast.  So please, please, refrain from shoving pop-tarts into it.  It's not a toaster.


However, that high-fructose corn syrup and oily gelatin makes for a nice string-wax; my fingers have never glided so smoothly across the frets.  Thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment