Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shriner Whiner

Every year, the Shriner Circus comes to our little town.  Every year, the kids want to go.  Every year, it's the same.  People juggle, animals pretend they're people, and acrobats acrobat.  It gets old once you've seen it six years in a row.  But, I don't go to watch the circus, I go to watch my kids watch the circus.  Their facial expressions are more entertaining than anything you'll see in the ring---except for six dudes riding motorcycles in a steel cage, that shit's awesome.

  I told you. Awesome.

While I didn't make it to the circus this year (I had heavy-metal related commitments to attend to), my wife did.  Reluctantly, I lent her my new camera .  And, even though I didn't get to watch the circus, I still got to see my kids watch the circus.

  She's brave letting him drink an entire soda at 7:30p.m.

  She's seen this circus three times before. Still she smiles.

  Still smiling.

  I think he just realized he's seen this act before.

  And he is not happy about it.

  She realizes it too.

  Another act he's seen before. He's getting mad now.


 You wouldn't like him when he's mad. Better get him on the pony rides quick.

  That's better.

  Much better.

See you at next year's circus!





No comments:

Post a Comment