Saturday, June 22, 2013

An Ear-Piercing Shriek.

Ear piercings, nail polish, and dresses--Oh My!  My little girl is growing up and I'm not ready for it.  A few weeks ago, we took Leah to get her ears pierced.  I can't remember now what brought it up, but she asked to get them pierced and when pretty girls ask their finger-wrapped Daddies for things, they get them.  Before we took her to the mall, I took one last picture of those precious, unaltered ears.  I want to remember my innocent little girl before she ends up with piercings in places I can't photograph.  If she loves piercings as much as she loves tattoos, I'm in trouble.




On the way to the mall, Caleb asked what would happen to his sister.  "Well, they're going to punch a hole in Leah's ear", I said.  "Why would anybody want to do that?", Caleb asked.  "I don't know son, I don't know." 

When we arrived at the mall, there was another little girl (about Lee's age) sitting in the chair, waiting to get her ear's pierced.  MeMaw, in her wisdom, suggested that we walk around the mall until the other girl was finished.  "It might scare Leah, if the girl cries", she said.

Good Call MeMaw!

We were at the other end of the mall when we heard it--an ear-piercing shriek that sounded like two bobcats going at it.  I'm sure every stray dog within a two-mile radius was circling outside the mall doors.  The screaming and crying was so bad that we ducked into the mall's library for 30-minutes while we waited for the little girl to compose herself.  Now I was concerned about my little girl and her ability to take a piercing gun to her ears.


Lee looked a little concerned herself.  Better still her fears by showing her some bright, shiny jewelry.


Much better.  With her new earrings picked out, there was only one thing left to do--mark and tag, baby!


She's starting to look a little concerned again.  As nervous as Leah was, I think her Mom and I were even more so.  Lee is a hot, crying mess by nature and I knew that if it went bad, the crying might not stop.  So how did she do?  Take a look:



What a trooper.  Enjoy those earrings girl, you earned them.


No comments:

Post a Comment