Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Temporary Tattoos, Permanent Fears

My daughter loves temporary tattoos; this frightens me.


 The girl and Daddy with matching tattoos. My arm is the one on the right.
There is really no good reason to be scared, but, I am.  An example of the irrational mind of a father follows.  One minute he is filled with joy, watching his sweet daughter placing butterfly and Disney Princess ink on her skin.  The next, he sees a vision of tramp stamps and leaving home as she rides tandem with a double-sleeved biker named Snake.

Today, I learned that maybe I should let go of the horrific visions of the future and be more afraid of where she puts the tattoos now.

This morning, we moved away from the precious pink and sparkly tattoos and on to something a little more hardcore.  Pirates!  She took the booty tatt for herself.





I, of course, took the skull and crossbones.



After getting my ink, I went on about my daily business.  Little did I know, the girl wasn't done playing Tattoo Parlor.



Like I said earlier, I should be more worried about where she puts the tattoos now.  But, what's a pirate without a parrot on her shoulder face?  I can't get the baby to sit still with me in the rocking chair.  How did the girl get her to sit still for 30 seconds with a wet rag on her face?  At least she'll look tough in the church nursery.

1 comment:

  1. We can’t really say no if it gives happiness to our kids but we should always be there to guide them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete