Thursday, January 10, 2013

What's Inside My Body?



The boy received many books for Christmas, but my favorite would have to be What's Inside My Body?.  Besides the title, which is good for a couple laughs, it reminded me of a rule we had to create for the Girl.  Some of the things you have to say to your kids are hilarious.  But, some of the things you overhear your spouse telling your kids in another room are even funnier.   It happened around two years ago, but the book title jogged my memory as if it happened yesterday.

I was hard at it on the computer, typing away, working on another website.

Focused.

In the zone.

I could hear some shuffling and struggling going on between the Girl and my wife, but I was able to ignore it.  I was determined to finish what I was working on.  Then I overheard my wife saying,  "Yes, there are many interesting holes in our bodies, but fingers do not belong in any of them".  Now, I can't remember what exactly was going on between the two of them and, personally, I think this rule is funnier if I don't know which finger was in which hole.  Regardless of finger placement, this rule is pretty solid.

Don't put fingers in your body's holes.




No comments:

Post a Comment