Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Purple Haze

Painting is never a fun job.  The finished project is usually amazing, but the end result is seldom enough to motivate me to actually begin painting.  We've been staring at the same two colors for five years now.  I know that's not too long of a time, but it gets old.  When we built the house in '07, our contractor allowed us two colors to choose from.  Not knowing what our decor would be, we settled for two neutral colors--both of them a tan-beige.  It's quite depressing.

Slowly, we've begun working our way through the house, painting a room here and there.  The girls' room is our crowning achievement so far.   I wanted to take some pictures and post them before Libby had a chance to ruin it.  I love her, but she knows how to destroy everything you've worked so hard for and we've worked hard on her room.

Rachel did an amazing job creating the girls' names.  I cut out the fabric for the letters, so feel free to tell me what an awesome job I did too.  Thanks to Aunt Tracy for Elizabeth's butterfly mobile.  It was a baby gift for Libby, but the theme works great with her new room.












The beauty was shortly ruined two days later when Elizabeth did some painting of her own. I'll spare you the pictures, but you must know, it looked like a crime scene with blood all over the walls, doors, furniture and toys.....that is, if the victim bled brown.

There is one good thing to say about painting or, at least, about painting with purple.  Hendrix was stuck in my head during the four to five hours we painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment