Wednesday, October 2, 2013

She's Lump

I've been working at my computer for an hour.  The girls have been sitting on the couch nearby watching television.  I walk upstairs to start picking up the house--a routine that always begins with making our bed.  Then I hear footsteps.  (sigh)

  No, not that kind of sigh.

  Yep, that's the kind.

 There's this game we play. Actually, the kids play it while i feign interest.  It's called "Lump" and it's been going on for almost five years now.  It all started with the boy when he was around 2 1/2 or 3 years of age.  I'd make the bed and he would climb up underneath the sheets.  I'd  ask, "Where's Caleb?", then I would lay down on the bed (and him) and comment on how lumpy the bed was.  He'd start giggling and wiggling free, then he'd pop out and say, "Here I Am";  we'd laugh.  It was our thing and it was cute...


...for a while.  Then it just became another hurdle to getting my housework done.  That's when you have to step back and chill.  What's more important:  making the bed or playing with your child?  The aging parent in me says, "playing with your child", while the task-oriented alpha-male in me says, "get off that bed, I have important work here."

  Hey, I'm walking working here!

Caleb has since outgrown this game, but the girls have taken the torch from him and are running with it.  Two lumps are more annoying than one.  It's possible that I'll miss this one day, so for now, I'll stay calm and play the game.  Besides, Lee doesn't respond well when I refuse to play.





Another reason I dislike this game: The Presidents get stuck in my head every time we play.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment