Saturday, July 6, 2013

Say Hello To My Little Friend.

"Silence is golden, unless you have kids--then it's just suspicious."


I don't know who said it  and I don't care enough to take five seconds to do a Google search.  But I can identify with the genius behind the phrase.  Yesterday, I received a little dose of the silent treatment from Leah.  The only time she is quiet is when she's unconscious or getting into trouble.  Otherwise, it's rapid-fire demands and questions.   How I wish she was asleep yesterday.

I was working on the computer (writing some quality parenting advice, no doubt) when I thought, "It's awfully quiet in this house...a little too quiet".  I went downstairs and found her playing nicely with the cat.

  Nothing suspicious looking here.


I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Playing with Sparky."  

"You are?", I replied.

"Yes, we dot a mouse!"

"A mouse?  How fun!"  Leah loves to play make-believe, so I thought her and the cat were playing a fun little game.  Then she asked me.

"You wan nuh see her?"

"Sure", I said, fully expecting her to hold out a stuffed animal, a Lego block, or some other small toy she pretended was a mouse.

Then this:

 Holy Mother of God!





I liked it better when she was just playing with mouse traps.

5 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason kids terrify me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photo is super creepy. Reminiscent of Jack Nicholson in The Shining. I may never sleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has that whole Village of the Damned/Children of the Corn thing going on doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/045/c/5/a_clockwork_orange_blu_ray_cover_version_1_by_bradymajor-d5uyvj4.jpg

    ReplyDelete