Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Don't Eat Your Diaper

I had to enforce some diaper discipline awhile back when I caught the baby tearing at her diaper, ripping off little cottony pieces and eating them.



Apparently, her diaper was tastier than anything I had been feeding her that day.  She didn't like Daddy telling her that diapers weren't for eating.

Her reaction. (Photo edited to increase sadness)
 This has been a major problem we've had with the baby.  She puts everything in her mouth.  We didn't have this problem with the first two kids and I think it has come back to haunt us with #3.  The things I've seen this girl eat amaze me:  dirt, dog food, and a couple of times, I've seen her make a run for the litter box.  So, I guess it shouldn't have shocked me to see her eating the diaper.  That's probably one of the safest things she has put in her mouth.  But then it happened.

She ate another diaper.

But, it wasn't one she was wearing.

It's one she had worn.

And used.

To its fullest potential.

I'll spare you the horrific details and I certainly won't make you look at a picture.  But I will say this.  Never keep the dirty diaper pail next to the baby's crib.  If you have absolutely no other place to put it, make sure that all poopy diapers are wrapped up and that the lid is properly secured.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear gods. Thank you for that mental image. *shudders*
    On the plus side, that's great ammo for when she hits the Age Of Stroppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,
    and I am completely satisfied with your website.
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all.

    ReplyDelete