Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The HICCUPotamus


by Aaron Zenz
My wife ordered this book off one of those forms the school sends home with our son each month.  I usually try to throw those things away before she can rack up a bill on them, but she beat me to this one.  Forty nine dollars and ninety-nine cents later, we received this book and about ten more.  I'm glad she ordered.

This book is a blast to read.  These kids love the pictures and I love the nonsense rhyming.  There's nothing worse than reading a book that doesn't rhyme, the exception being when a book rhymes but the author doesn't understand rhythm.  If you clap on 1 and 3 at rock concerts, you shouldn't be rhyming.

There is also a fun '80's movie tie-in at the back of the book.  The author gives a "Cast Bio" of the different characters found throughout the book.  If you get a chance, read this book.

The HiccupotamusThe HiccupotamusAvailable at Bigger Books










1 comment:

  1. I will have to put this on our library list :)

    ReplyDelete