Friday, July 13, 2012

True Love

I told my wife that I wouldn't post anything on the blog this week (we are on vacation after all), but the urge to write is too great and this place has Wi-Fi.  I wanted to take just one second to write about something I truly love.  Something that has made this vacation one of the better ones we've had in a long time.  It's not being able to spend time with the kids (I do that everyday) or actually getting to see my wife.  It's unhindered access to bacon.

Four pounds of tasty, crispy bacon.
One of the greatest things about vacationing is throwing your cares to the wind and letting pleasure take its course.  For me, pleasure comes in the form of sliced up pig meat fried in its own fat.  Sounds de-lish right?  Of course it does.

We decided to opt for a cottage on Willow Pond versus a Holiday Inn Express and I couldn't be happier.  With a fully functioning kitchen and a bacon store (I think they sell other edible products as well) less than two miles away, I knew what was for dinner...and lunch...and breakfast.  Forget the "Continental"  bagels and cream cheese nonsense.  This week is going to be a non-stop barrage of bacon.  Arteries be damned clogged.

Besides the boy, whose lack of love for meat has me questioning my own biological contribution to his existence, I am the only dude here.  In other words, that four pounds of bacon is MINE.  The women folk around here have dipped their tiny piano-playing fingers into the bacon bowl, but they've used the bacon like it's salt, sprinkling their burgers with a just a pinch of pork.  As for me, I don't put bacon on my hamburgers, I put hamburgers on my bacon.

Grilling up some garnish for my bacon. I apologize for the Bud Light. That's what happens when the women go on a beer run.
While the women sit around eating  cheeseburgers and drinking their Fuzzy Navels, I'll be stuffing my bacon hole with the meat of the gods.  And when I've polished off the last few pieces of bacon, I know that more waits patiently for me just down the road, along with beer that is neither "Light" nor "American".  This vacation keeps getting better.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Nate, I just started reading your blog. Some Christians must have really pissed you off dude. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time! Keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love the indulgences of a vaca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do. My waistline does not.

    ReplyDelete